This basket/bag is great set for your little one to start discover different sounds, sights, textures and scents. We have included a variety of items that we stock to allow your little one to begin their learning and discovery journey.
This sensory basket/bag includes the following:
- Raffia fruit 8-12cm
- 3 x Dolly Pegs
- Lotus flower head size medium
- Lotus flower head size large
- Wooden spoon- 30cm
- Pine cone 10-14cm
- Pine cone 8-10cm
- Whole green dried lemon
- Scoop 7.5cm
- Scoop 10.5cm
- Scoop 14cm
- Tongs 30cm
- Honey spoon 17cm
- Safix scrub pad
- Coconut fibre scrub pad
- Orange slice
- Scent pouch 10x10cm- please pick from the drop down arrows and select the colour of organic cotton and what organic herb you would like in your scent pouch.
- Hand knitted organic Wool square 10cmx 10cm- please select from a drop down arrow what colour square you would like in.
- Hessian square 10x10cm
- A bundle of 3 cinnamon sticks tied together with hemp twine.
- Ceramic coloured flute 7cm .
- Duck quacker 13cm
- Palewa sentiment pebble - Red – Happiness- size 5.5cm x 4cm
- Wooden pebble- 55mm width x 75mm length x 15mm thick
- Knotted Hemp Rope thickness of 8mm
- Hosho Maracas- 22cm
- Cylinder dots design rattle with handle 19cm
* detailed explanations of each item and its use along with why it is ecologically sound can be found in the build your own basket section.
*Please note some of the items in these baskets are natural items and therefore can vary slightly in size, shape and colour.
Health and safety
Play with these sensory basket needs to be supervised at all times as these objects are not toys (unless purchased from the sensory toy section). Caregivers need to take care with babies putting things in their mouths, whilst babies explore a lot of things through taste in their mouths caregivers take the responsibility of this and we advise these items are not put in your little one's mouths. Hollyandjoe.co.uk will not take any responsibility for children putting things into their mouths and again recommend supervision at all times.
Ensure you check items regularly to ensure that they are safe and clean.
Any little one enjoying these baskets should be supervised by an adult at all times, it is the responsibility of the caregiver to determine which items are suitable and age appropriate.
Maintaining Your Sensory Basket
We advise that you check the contents of the basket regularly for signs of wear and damage and also clean the items as necessary.
You may want to use the following care instructions for your wooden items.:
Wash your wooden items with warm water and soap.
Avoid leaving your wooden submerged in water.
After washing your wooden items may appear a little dull you may want to apply any food grade oil and rub this in with a cloth and then your item will look renewed.