This is a piece of knotted 8mm rope which is a great texture for your little one to hold and run their fingers around the knots. It also lends itself as with all items in the sensory basket to imaginary play, a great addition to your little one's sensory basket.
Why this item is ecologically sound
Hemp rope is a sustainable resource and we have been provided with some fascinating facts from our supplier about hemp, please read below:
- Hemp is only one of 6 genus of plants that enrich the soil.
- Softer, stronger & longer lasting than any other plant fibre - Hemp fabrics improves with age: Wearing in, not out.
- Recyclable & made to last, it is the oldest known fabric ever to be found.
- Hemp fibre is the strongest natural plant fibre in the world.
- Hemp fabrics are thermo-dynamic - meaning they are the best fabrics to keep you cool when it’s hot & hot when it’s cool.
- Did you know that Hemp ropes float!
- Used for generations as the rope of choice because it was stronger and more rot resistant and kinder on the hands than all other natural fibre ropes.
Health and safety
As a caregiver we obviously ensure that your child needs to be safe and hence all play with these sensory basket needs to be supervised at all times as these objects are not toys (unless purchased from the sensory toy section). Again caregivers need to take care with babies putting things in their mouths, whilst babies explore a lot of things through taste in their mouths caregivers take the responsibility of this and you know what you would be happy for your child to experience. Hollyandjoe.co.uk will not take any responsibility for children putting things into their mouths which are not suitable and also that you need to supervise your children with their play and discoveries in these baskets.
Ensure you check items regularly to ensure that they are safe and clean.
Please note some of the items in these baskets are natural items and therefore can vary slightly in size, shape and colour. Any little one enjoying these baskets should be supervised by an adult at all times, it is the responsibility of the caregiver to determine which items are suitable and age appropriate.
We advise that you check the contents of the basket regularly for signs of wear and damage and also clean the items as necessary.